The item specifics are details that customers use to look for products, as brand, size and color and they are relative to each eBay category.
In this module area it is possible to map the required and optional eBay specifics, as well as conditions available for each category (if present).
The Fastbay module offers the possibility to choose among already mapped categories, so to make it easy to add the desired data. Setting the Show only mapped on Yes, already mapped categories will be hidden so to make it easier to understand which category still requires mapping.
Data download panel offers the following options:
- Specs. and conditions to download: the field shows how many categories still need data to be downloaded.
- Data download: clicking on the Start download button it is possible to download conditions and specifics for ALL the categories that still need them.
- Reset all data: clicking on the Star download button all the downloaded data will be reset, so to allow to perform a new download.
- Progress report: the bar will show how is progressing the data download from eBay.
The mapping procedure itself is performed in the Category selecton and Mapping panels.
If the category was previously mapped in the Categories tab, next to her name you will see the full eBay path. On the contrary, the selector will be disabled, so to avoid any download for unmapped categories. It is possible to show subcategories by clicking on the category name itself.
The module allows to map one category at a time: once a category is selected, all the categories mapped to the same eBay category will be selected too. Should that category not have conditions and specifics data, they can be downloaded clicking on the DOWNLOAD AND UPDATE button. Once the download is complete, select again the category to show the dedicated menu.
The following controls are available at the top of this panel.
- Show all: clicking on it the whole category tree will be shown.
- Show all selected: clicking on it the module will show all the sub-categories for the current category.
- Search: when you need to map only some categories that contain a certain word, type it in this field. The module will look for those categories and will display them on screen.
WARNING! If your website contains many categories, these operations might slow down significantly or completely block your browser until they are completed. We suggest to use them with care if your website has more than 200 categories.
Once the specifics are download you can proceed with their association.
Specifics listed in red are considered as mandatory by eBay and it won’t be possible to publish any object without them.
It is possible to map specifics to different Prestashop fields: Attributes, Features, ID, EAN, UPC, Reference (…), Product brand (highly advisable in cas of “Brand” / “Manufacturer”).
Please be sure to check that all these values are properly assigned to a product, otherwise the module might properly respond with an error during the synchronization.
Certain specifics also offer default values offered by eBay that can be used as primary or secondary choice for Features and Brand (when set as secondary choice, they will be applied whenever a value is not found in Prestashop for the primary field).
In this part of the module it is also possible to setup the module so to use the eBay Conditions connected with the respective category instead of using the default values (New / Used).
This operation is particularly useful for certain eBay categories (i.e. Videogames / Books) where the standard Conditions are not accepted.