If the order download routine fails or generates duplicate orders, you can understand the reason for the error.
The creation of an order consists of three steps: customer -> cart -> order generation where Prestashop performs some validations in order to ensure the correctness of the imported data.
Although the module can detect and fix a large number of recurring errors (eg products deleted from Prestashop, wrong characters in customers, unconfigured carriers, etc.), by displaying them on video during the manual download process, some unexpected or unmanageable errors might still occur. In this case you possibly receive, either during lookup or through cron, a “Fatal error” from Prestashop.
Because the error might occur in one of the three steps above, causing a stop of the execution, it may result in incomplete or duplicate order because the module can not determine the order creation.
In this case, it is always advisable to attempt the manual download of the order to check any messages or error that could be useful to understand the problem.
Below are the most common data for which this kind of error is generated, to be solved according to the case scenario:
– The system is trying to download an eBay order with a product that has been disabled in Prestashop. In this case you need to reactivate it to correctly download the order
– The system is trying to download an order containing a product that is not “Available for order” on Prestashop (check the corresponding flag on the product tab) or has a minimum orderable quantity larger than the quantity ordered on eBay.
– The system is trying to download an order from a customer country that is disabled / deleted on Prestashop.
– The order downloading process was launched with shop in manteinance mode
– The system is trying to download an order containing products with Prestashop validation issues (eg containing non-numeric EANs or invalid characters in the title such as <>).
– The system is trying to download an order whose minimum order quantity is less than the stock received from eBay
(in this case there is an option on the module to force downloading orders in this condition)
– Your server was unable to complete the total order generation request because of a PHP timeout (to be investigated by consulting the error_log of your hosting environment).
In the case of “stuck” orders not detected by the module (s) or Error 500 (Internal server error) messages,
we suggest advanced users to check the reason for the error by setting Prestashop in dev_mode,
In order to provide support with the error log (which will appear by launching the download link from the browser) to understand the cause.