Once the module is installed you will be prompted to select the desired eBay Marketplace.
Click on the Add marketplace button in the top bar. After adding the marketplace, click on Save marketplace and wait for page to reload.
Should you need to add another marketplace just repeat the operation you’ve just performed.
After activating a marketplace, you will need to enter the information related to your module order to activate Fastbay license.
Once you have entered the order number (or Zen option order in case of updating), click “Get license” to activate the module.
The module is subdivided into tabs, that have to be configured sequentially in order to enable all the synchronization functionalities and orders handling. The General tab offers different settings which are vital for the module to work properly, some of which are already pre-set on the most common values to simplify their configuration.
In this tab you must fill in your eBay account username (user-id), which must be the one used to login on the eBay website (be careful, typing an incorrect or incomplete username will prevent you from retrieving the connection token). Do not enter the e-mail address in this field, othewise you will not be able to complete the eBay connection step. The other availabe fields are:
- Your eBay store nome (remember that in order to use the module you must have a professional eBay account with enabled store functionnality)
- The seller country (mandatory)
- The ZIP code (mandatory)
- The shop city: together with the ZIP code it will represent the “Item location” once your listing will be published
- CRON e-mail address: by default it is set to your shop e-mail, but it’s possible to delete it, change it or add more than once, separating each address with a comma.
In order to use the module it is mandatory to perform a Token request to eBay: fill in the mandatory fields, then save and click on the Download token button with red background to begin the download process.
This will allow the module to communicate with eBay and it is a mandatory operation for the module to work properly.
Token is missing –
Token is OK –
By clicking on “Download Token” you will be shown a pop-up window that will ask you to login on eBay platform and confirm application agreement. As soon as you complete this operation, the button will turn green and the “Refresh token” message will appear. Some browsers might prevent the new page from opening: if nothing happens after clicking on the button, unlock the pop-up clicking on the report message displayed in your browser (Chrome, for example, reports a Pop-up blocked message on the top right) or copy in another page the link provided by the module. In this way you will be able to complete the authentication process.
If the button stays on “Loading…” be sure that you filled in your eBay account name correctly written in the dedicated input form. If not, change it, save and repeat the token download operation.
A new token request could be submitted by clicking on the button “Refresh token”.
Once the token is OK, you can proceed by configuring the remaining configurations.
This tab lets you configure:
- Language: choose which language you want to use amonf the ones installed on your website. On a multilanguage website this option will determinate which language is going to be used while sending product informations (title / descriptions ect.) and while showing the categories tree during the mapping operations.
- Markup type:
Category: standard markup, use the “Category” tab to set it up
Category + Supplier: the final price will be calculated as the amount of surcharge by category and surcharge by supplier, use the “Category” and “Supplier” tab to set it up
Category + Manufacturer: the final price will be calculated as the amount of surcharge by category and surcharge by manufacturer, use the “Category” and “Manufacturer” tab to set it up
Category + Manufacturer + Supplier: the final price will be calculated as the amount of surcharge by category + supplier and manufacturer, use the “Category” + “Manufacturer” + “Supplier” tab to set it up
N.B. If you configure a markup type that involves manufacturers / suppliers , make sure you properly configured those values in Prestashop for all the products you intend to send on eBay.
- Shipping time type
Global dispatch time: dispatch time will be the same for all products and will be configured in the “Shipping” tab
Dispatch times by supplier: dispatch time will be different by supplier and will be configured in the “Supplier” tab
Dispatch times by manufacturer: dispatch time will be different by manufacturer and will be configured in the “Manufacturer” tab
- Listing duration (days): Allows you to determine your eBay items listing duration
- Enable Force Sync button in product sheet: enable this option if you want to add a “Fastbay Sync” button in the main product sheet tab in Prestashop. This button will let you sync a product to each marketplace that has this option enabled, even if the “Disable Sync at product save or order download” option is enabled in the Sync tab.
- Best offer: if this option is set, it will be applied to every product. Please note that if you decide to use the “best offer” option, eBay will not allow you to disable it if your published listings get at least one sale.
- Out of stock mode: by enabling this option you will instruct the module not to terminate the eBay listings when they reach zero quantity, they will be updated instead. This option allows you to keep your ads active on Ebay even if there is no stock for the product. In order for this option to work properly, you must also enable “Out of Stock Option” in the seller settings of your eBay account.
- Force zero quantity: by enabling this option the module will consider all the synchronized products as zeroed. This option will then allow you to forcefully terminate all of the listings (or “zero update” them if you enabled the Out of Stock option).
- Min. quantity, Max. quantity: these fields allow you to set customized “thresholds” for quantities. By setting a minimum quantity value (default 1), the module will ignore products under that specified quantity during creation / update process. Please note that if you enabled the “Out of Stock” option, you should set this value to 0 to properly take advantage of this feature. By setting a maximum quantity value, instead, the module will ignore those products above the specified quantity during creation / update process.
- Force max. quantity: this option “forces” a fixed maximum quantity value for all products that exceed the specified threshold. This option is particularly useful for users with eBay’s sale limitations.
- Enable duplicate prevention system : Enabling this option will allow Fastbay to prevent sending items with the same title to eBay by using an unique internal identifier linked to the item itself. You can reset the identifier by editing the “ID for duplicate detection” from the configuration box.
- This option must be enabled before start adding products on eBay and will work only if all products are sent from the module.
- Enable immediate payment: if set, it will enable this option on Ebay by disabling every payment method except for PayPal (this choice is made mandatory by eBay).
- PayPal account (e-mail): mandatory if PayPal is turned on, it refers to your PayPal account (e-mail address) where you will receive payments for the items published on eBay
- Bank transfer
- Cash On Delivery
- Cash on delivery fee: MANDATORY if Cash on delivery is set
- No cash on delivery fee for prices higher than
- Credit card (this will enable Credit Card payment on eBay, but you have to make sure that destination eBay marketplace is supporting it if you need actual payments to be processed).
- Personal check
- Postal order
This tab lets you configure:
- Use taxes: specify whether to send prices with during synchronization (default: Yes)
- Send this tax % to eBay (empty = use Prestashop settings): Allows you to define a different tax rate to be sent to eBay than the one set as default tax on products (note, this will NOT change the price of products, but will inform eBay of the rate to be used for any price reduction / tax transactions in case of sales subject to VAT deduction)
- Use specific prices: choose if you would like to send specific prices (discounts / rules) used in Prestashop (default: Yes). If not set, product retail prices will be used when sending data to eBay.
- Use this customer ID for price calculation (empty = default): This option allows you to define the ID of a customer on your site on which Fastbay should base the calculation of base prices to be sent to eBay. This feature was created to allow you to use specific “dedicated” prices per customer group in the module. If the field is empty, any specific prices on products will only be considered if they are active for the default customer group or for all groups (obviously the “Use specific prices” option must be active.
- Send products weight to eBay: Enabling this option will send your Prestashop product’s weight information on eBay (kgs or lbs only according to your Prestashop weight configuration).
- Round prices UP to the nearest 10 cents: choose if you would like to round up the prices when sending data to eBay (i.e. 10.54 will become 10.60)
- Use Does not apply value when EAN is missing or invalid, Use doe not apply value when UPC is missing: if turned on, the module will set a “Does not Apply” value for EAN / UPC that are empty or not valid in Prestashop products. This option might be particularly useful for Ebay marketplace countries where a validation of such codes is performed.
- Image format: it specifies the image template format to be used while sending photos to Ebay. Fastbay will automatically send a product cover photo as eBay gallery. The remaining photos can be directly linked in your description template (see template section for more info) or added to eBay gallery by enabling the dedicated option (see below) (default: thickbox_default).
- Favourite attribute for variant images: eBay offers the possibility to link a custom image to each product variant, the module is capable of sending those images to eBay if they are present on your site and if the option “Send Variations pictures” (see Below) is enabled. Unlike Prestashop, where you can link one or more images to each combination (attribute set), eBay requires that the images may vary for a single attribute only. This option allows you to set which “preferred” attribute to consider when sending variation pictures.
- Send additional product pictures to eBay gallery: this option lets you send the additional product images to the eBay gallery. Pay attention when activating this option: eBay’s hosting services will be used, resulting in an additional cost (depending on marketplace this option could be free) after the first image sent. Remember that the module can also show additional images in the description template by using the proper “placeholders” within the template HTML editor (see the template section for more informations).
- Use public name for variation groups: this option will use Prestashop public attribute group names when sending data on eBay.
- Send product variations pictures: this option, enabled by default, allows you to send variation pictures to eBay.
- Send cover image for variations too: since Fastbay 5.5.0, the module automatically recognizes if an image belongs to the parent product or to one of its combinations / variants. Should all the images belong to one or more variants, eBay won’t receive the “general” cover image and won’t show it in the search results. Activating this option it will be possible to force the module to send the product cover image as eBay cover picture.
- Vehicle parts compatibility list (K-type(s) entering in product sheet): this option will enable a dedicated field in the Fastbay menu inside of each product sheet where it will be possible to fill in all the K-Type values, separated by a | (pipe), in order to define the list of compatible vehicles for a certain vehicle spare part.
- Force prices lower than 1 to: if price is still lower than one after that all the markups have been applied, the module will send to eBay the value set in this field.
- Return shipping cost paid by: select if the shipping cost for products being returned will have to be paid by the seller or by the customer.
- Number of days for return policy: here it is possible to select the number of days a buyer can return the product (14,30,60 days).
- Return condition text: write here the message that will appear in each eBay listing with the rules for object return.
This tab lets you configure:
- Brand: select bewteen None or Manufacturer.
- MPN: select between None or Reference.
Configuring these optioms, the module will always send these information for the configured fields. In this way if you forget to complete a configuration in the Specifics / Conditions tab you will be able to avoid the most commor errors depending on the fact that these fields are not sent because not configured.
Once the configuration is complete, click on the “Save” button to save data to database.